We’ve Moved!

 

If you aren’t redirected here is the link:

 

Remodelaholic!

 

THANKS!

Window to your Soul... Windows as Art?

21 March 2010

...or is that Wall?

We made a few fun purchases yesterday.  One of them is for a project, the other one is purely for fun.  Speaking of fun, have you all looked at the blog Life in the Fun Lane?  It is totally addicting.  She has great taste and is always working on projects, (my kinda person).

In one of her living rooms (or dining rooms depending on the day) she has this huge window, that it uber cool.  So, when I was shopping for windows for an upcoming project and saw this HUGE window (4' x 7.5')  I admit, I copied used her idea as inspiration for my own purchase.

Here is my loot- (oh and it all only cost me $27.00- 5 different windows)  They still need to be cleaned up, but I am really excited about the prospects!  We shall see exactly what we do with them....

(For Dallas/Fort Worth locals looking for old casement windows email me)

6 comments:

Shaunna March 21, 2010 at 1:05 PM  

I love her blog....and I love using windows for art! I also like using them as "picture frame wall art." I have a tutorial on my blog; feel free to check it out if you would like (sprucing up an old window). LOVE that you found all the great windows...wish I lived in dallas. -shaunna :)

Jennifer {Studio JRU} March 21, 2010 at 1:18 PM  

I love old windows! I have several around the house. Most of them I have done art one. I have a large one... and what I did with it was hang it in my studio and use it like a dry erase board! It works great! :) Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Unknown March 21, 2010 at 2:06 PM  

I love old windows and Life in The Fun Lane too. That is a fabulous large window. Great find and great price!

Sarah Sarniak March 21, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

Love your finds! I'm a fan of windows as art. I have some, but I haven't quite figured out what to do with them yet. We shall see. :)

Allison @ House of Hepworths March 22, 2010 at 1:00 AM  

I totally want a window! I live in Dallas, but I'm in CA until the end of June. Wanna save one for me?!?! I have the perfect project in mind...

Allison@houseofhepworths.com

Diann @ The thrifty Groove March 22, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

I love old windows! Great haul for the price! can't wait to see what you do with them!

Have a wonderful day!

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking your time to tell me what you think! I read them all and enjoy your enthusiasm for the work shown here!

Please remember that people have worked hard on these projects. Each person's budget and goals are different, so please try to make kind, constructive comments. Remember if it isn't nice, please don't say anything at all.

Please no business links. Remodelaholic reserves the right to remove any comment that we feel is malicious, spammy or otherwise inappropriate. Thanks.

Sorry there is no longer the option for anonymous comments, unfortunately people have been abusing that option!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Emealz - Easy Meals for Busy People!
Home & Garden Blogs Home & Garden Blogs - Blog Rankings

Blogging  tips, tutorials and SEO

From Here to Eternity

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP